Mark H. Schwartz
International Multilingual Sales Support and
Language Coaching / Translations
To utilize my many years of experience and skills in International Sales, Sales Support and Post Sales Customer Care in Hi Tech software and hardware solutions, for clients where my native English, native level Spanish, excellent German, Portuguese and Hebrew are spoken, and with the ability to address them according to cultural differences, in order to aid an international firm to increase market share and customer satisfaction.
Currently working on:
Customer Service & Marketing June 2013 - present
Customer service and marketing for a firm whose website has members and distributors who deal in electronic components. This website enables members to search for distributors and place RFQ's and PO's on the them. It enables distributors to upload their inventories, both stocked and available. My role is to take calls and give customer support, to make customer retention calls in order to reactivate inactive accounts, and to perform various other duties as needed. All of my languages are used. Attendance and participation at trade shows, to meet with current and potential clients at EDS, Las Vegas and Electronica, Munich is required as needed.
Double major in Accounting and Business Administration with minors in Spanish and Latin American Studies.
Oklahoma School of Business and Accounting, B.A.
- Handled all US tax returns and deposits for a small corporation
- Understanding of all aspects of the business cycle and ERP
Spanish and Latin
University of Oklahoma, United States
- Complete communication skills in English and Spanish and excellent German
- Combine business skills with the various Latin American cultures
Consultant NOVEMBER 2010 - MARCH 2013
Business English and Spanish, and accent reduction with special emphasis on challenges which native Hebrew, German and Spanish speakers face, and additionally instruction on cultural differences, especially doing business in North and South America.
Sales & Marketing Manager 2009 to Oct. 2010
Liaising with clients (customer care) and bringing new business in the specialized debugger and profiler software for the 3D graphic and parallel computing markets.
Managed multinational accounts such as Siemens, Bosch, Disney Studios and George Lucas Studios among many others.
Management of entire sales cycle by following up on incoming enquiries through website and other means.
Upselling purchased products and sold maintenance renewal contracts.
Assisting the CEO with marketing activities and various day to day tasks essential to running the business.Was tasked with almost all of the CEO's day to day duties to free him to participate in the buy out process
In September 2010 the company was purchased by AMD and sales and marketing activities were removed from Israel.
Software Sales and Marketing 2007 - 2009
- Recruiting partners from all over the globe
- Co-working in aftermarket sales.
- Work with all departments of this software start-up firm, to ensure market penetration, distributor development, and various other duties including collections if necessary.
- Specialization: Handling North and South American opportunities and those in Spain and German speaking countries.
- Spanish translation for all communications and content of website, www.miniframe.com . • Focus on penetrating the N. American market, which has been untapped.
One of my numerous accomplishments was to recruit a Mexican distributor, and build his confidence in convincing him to become a "Platinum Distributor", requiring a significant buy-in on his part, whilst ensuring exclusivity for half of the country.
Workforce was downsized and I volunteered to take severance.
E-Commerce Co-ordinator 2006
- Liaising with established customer base in English, Spanish and German speaking countries,
- Offering incentives for return purchases and earning commissions off these sales. Communicate with customers via email and telephone.
- Web research to procure affiliates and commission-earners by web advertising.
- Translated company website from English to Spanish.
Sales Support Associate 2001 - 2005
- Preparing quotations for Sun hardware and software products for the Mexican and Brazilian market, among other Latin American countries
- This position required the use of quotation tools and continuous classes to update technical information
- Supporting Sales People in the field or traveled with them to Spanish speaking countries, to team sell hardware and software solutions to various distributors and end users.
- Was on teams which configured large servers for foreign branches of multi-national branches of companies such as American Express, Wells Fargo, and numerous Latin American oil companies, among many others.
Technical Specialist and Sales Engineer 1988 - 2001
- Supporting salespeople in the field with Nortel Meridian 1 PBX solutions, configuring and quoting PBX's for them. Technical responsibility for Meridian 1 PBX merchandise orders for export to Latin America.
- When quoted systems came directly from partner telephone companies or distributors, I reviewed the configuration for viability.
- Our customers where the national telephone companies of most all Central and South American countries and the Caribbean, and there was frequent travel to team sell with the salespeople. In the Caribbean we team sold with the local telephone companies to the resort hotels purchasing private telephone systems. Other customers were large multi-national companies in the regions for which we were responsible.